We aim to build confidence enable participation facilitate self expression stimulate dialogue increase inclusion celebrate diversity promote respect release potential connect communities create opportunities for change.
We Achieve Our Aims By
- offering access to Community Arts and media workshops and projects in video, animation, dance, drama, forum theatre, photography, visual and digital arts, multi media, music and design
- creating equal opportunities through positive action by prioritising individuals, groups and communities who are often marginalised
- facilitating self advocacy through the creation and sharing of arts and media products and performances
- devising and co-ordinating ground-breaking and cross-art form Community Arts for Development project
- producing quality arts and media products and performances which celebrate diversity and reflect individual, group and community issues
- advocating Community Arts as an effective and enjoyable way of stimulating positive individual and community development
- establishing professional Community Arts practice standards
- developing personal development plans and training for our staff team and management committee
- improving the local skills base through vocational and accredited arts and media training workshops and courses
- increasing social skills through creative expression
- working collaboratively in cross-sector partnerships
- connecting groups and communities through outreach, cross-generational projects, and local and international cultural exchange.