At Chapter Arts Centre Cardiff
Tuesday 11th Feb , Wednesday 12th Feb, Tuesday 18th Feb
10 am – 4 pm at Chapter Arts Centre Cardiff
Three days intensive training for practitioners working in Community Arts and Social Inclusion and Social Care. This course offers continuing professional development for facilitators working with socially excluded groups. The course provides a range of techniques that can be used in 1:1 and group context; these address and promote self-esteem, self-awareness and self-confidence in both workers and participants.
- We will explore the power of creativity in social intervention
- We will examine the role of the facilitator in creating a safe environment for participants
- We will offer examples from our practice, and a toolkit of practical creative exercises
- We will look at the importance of using supervision, evaluation and working in partnership.
Methods of Delivery:
Taught over 3 days the course is based on experiential learning, developing a toolkit of practical creative activities that can be used with a wide range of client groups. This is a highly interactive and emotionally engaging learning experience.
- Understand the use of intentionality in creative interventions
- Understand own role in Person-Centred planning
- Be able to design creative programmes that promote Active Support
- Be able to facilitate therapeutic group activities.
QCF Health and Social Care Diploma Mapping:
The following Level 3 units are covered by the course:
- Facilitate learning and development to meet individual needs
- Implement therapeutic group activities
- Promote Active Support
- Individual learning outcomes are covered from the following units:
- Promote Person-Centred approaches in health and social care
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Understand theories of relationships and social networks
Attendance Certificates will map to the above Units and Learning Outcomes
Course cost £150 per person
Students and concessionary rate
No previous experience or training is necessary. Participants do not require any particular artistic ability.
For more information and to book a place please contact Shelly Powell on 01656 729246 or email [email protected]